Have you heard about Boosted Boards? Do you know what they look like? Boosted Boards are known to be a modern type of skateboard which has a remote to regulate its speed and control. They are battery operated, and they make transportation hassle and stress-free.
Boosted boards are similar to electric cars and motorcycles, but the difference of it from other vehicles is that it’s lighter and smaller. These boards also consume 20 times less energy than a car and they are affordable making them accessible to anyone.
How It Started
Boosted boards were created in 2012 by John Ulmen, Sanjay Dastoor, and Matthew Tran. They envisioned on how to make traveling faster inside their campus without spending time, money and space. They were inspired by the skateboards that many students used and they thought of making it battery operated for convenience. With the gathered facts and research, boosted boards were created.
For people who haven’t seen a boosted board, they look like skateboards but more advanced because they are operated electronically. Here are the basic parts:
- It has a 38” extended deck made of 100% flexible bamboo
- It has twin brushless motors
- It has automotive grade lithium batteries
- It has a handheld Bluetooth remote with different speed modes and controls
- It has an all-metal drivetrain
- It has a belt drive system
- It has a throttle/brake
- It has a battery indicator
- 75mm Orangatang wheels
When it comes to durability and strength, knowing the specs is one crucial detail that should never be disregarded.
- Motor Power is 2000W
- Range is up to 600 miles
- Charging time is 2 hours
- Top speed is around 20 mph
- Maximum grade up to 25%
- Weight is between 12 to 15 pounds
- Battery is Lithium Ion
How It Looks – Design
The board is sleek with an outward curvature on either side. Both sides are mounted slightly above the decks surface to prevent damage when it flexes. Its design is ideal also for better absorption of shock.
How It Works
These boards could last for years and could travel thousands of miles. They are designed to handle any ride whether plan to ride on a path or the street. Let me describe to you how it works:
- Turn the board on
- Stand on the board vertically and stay balanced
- Turn on the hand controller and wait for 3 minutes for initializing
- Press the trigger to see if the controller and board are connected with each other
- Once connected, accelerate by pulling the trigger slowly. There are four-speed levels, and they are:
– Beginner: top speed is 11 mph
– Eco: top speed is 16 mph
– Pro: top speed is 20 mph
– Expert: top speed is 22 -25 mph
- To make a full stop or to control brakes, gently push the trigger forward
We all know that short distances are annoying and walking takes a lot of time. This is where these kinds of boards are made for. To make life easy! Here are some advantages of it and why getting one will be a good idea.
- It Saves Time: You don’t have to waste time and stuck up in traffic or finding a parking space for you can bring it along with you
- It Saves Space: You don’t need a garage or parking space for you can put it in your cabinet or locker
- It Saves Money: You don’t have to pay for gas, and it is low maintenance
- It Is Convenient: You don’t need to pedal and is ideal for any ground surface or uphill
- Good For Transportation: You can use it up to 6 miles. If ever it loses its charge, you can use it as an ordinary skateboard in case you don’t have extra batteries.
When it comes to safety, it is still advised that you wear safety gears when riding these kinds of boards. Wear helmets and pads even if you’re an expert or newbie. Accidents are unexpected and can happen to anyone. Be alert and don’t ride beyond your limits.
What People Think About it
The response rate of people on this product is relatively high¾especially young people. They find it useful and practical especially when taking short trips, running quick errands, getting around the campus and going to school or work.
The future of transportation lies not just in building new roads but also in technologies that make it safer, more efficient and more accessible. This is the reason why there are now lots of modernized and highly innovative means of transportation such as these 2nd Gen Boosted Boards.
Director, Editing and Testing, ReadPlease.com
Cheryl conducts hands-on reviews and extensive testing of products as well as manages the editorial and testing teams at ReadPlease.com. In her spare time, she runs an ecommerce store and loves spending time with her daughter and dog, Blue.